Mr. McComber is a Partner at Figari + Davenport, LLP whose practice focuses on complex commercial litigation. Mr. McComber has a broad range of experience representing clients in contract disputes, TRO and injunctive relief proceedings, health, life, and disability insurance disputes, employment disputes, ERISA disputes, litigation involving product licensing and liability, class actions, oil and gas matters, collection matters, banking and financial disputes, ADA, FLSA, TCPA, and FCRA disputes, construction disputes, and litigation involving commercial real estate.
Mr. McComber has successfully tried cases in both federal and state courts, and has also represented numerous clients in significant arbitration proceedings.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment for national company against claim for breach of contract where plaintiff sought damages of over $1.5 million arising out of a vendor contract.
- Successfully obtained full defense verdict for national parking company against negligence claims.
- Successfully obtained both a TRO and two-year injunction against former employee preventing him from using our client’s trade secrets, soliciting our client’s customers, and preventing him from working with our client’s major competitors.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment for national life insurance company against claims for breach of contract and bad faith, where plaintiff sought punitive damages arising out of denial of a life insurance claim.
- Co-trial counsel for Globex International, Inc. in a suit to recover amounts due under a partnership agreement with a national sports sales and marketing company. Jury returned verdict for Globex in excess of $3.5 million.
- Successfully representing NBA coach Don Nelson in his suit to recover $6.5 million in earned deferred compensation, which the Dallas Mavericks refused to pay him when he accepted a job as the coach of the Golden State Warriors. As a result of the arbitration proceeding, Nelson was awarded over $7 million in damages, fees, and costs.
- Successfully obtaining summary judgment for large national title insurer against breach of contract and negligence claims by large national bank.
- Successfully obtaining summary judgment for former NBA coach Don Nelson against claims for breach of contract and fraud where plaintiff sought damages of over $300,000 arising out of a failed start-up company.
- Successfully obtaining summary judgment for large national bank against claims for Texas Property Code violations where plaintiff sought damages of over $1 million arising out of a non-judicial foreclosure on real property.
- Successfully prosecuting claims for commercial real estate developer in litigation resulting in the specific performance of a $2 million real estate sales transaction.
- Some of the favorable results for his clients include: Hall v. Fidelity & Guaranty Life Ins. Co., 2014 WL 642802 (N.D. Tex. Feb. 18, 2014) (Summary judgment granted); Richard v. Golden Rule Insurance Company, 2012 WL 6728582 (E.D. LA. Dec. 28, 2012) (Summary judgment granted); Rolle v. Nelson, 2008 WL 2790502 (N.D. Tex. July 17, 2008) (Summary Judgment granted); Washington Mutual Bank v. Commonwealth Land Title Ins. Co., 2010 WL 135685 (Tex. App. Corpus Christi, Feb. 11, 2010) (Summary judgment affirmed on appeal); ProCom Services, Inc. v. DirecTV, Inc., 2009 WL 7099169 (Tex. Dist. Ct. 2009) (Motion to compel arbitration granted).
- JD, Southern Methodist University, cum laude, 2003
Articles Editor, International Law Review, 2002-2003
Staff Member, International Law Review, 2001-2002
- BA in Letters, University of Oklahoma, magna cum laude, 2000
Phi Beta Kappa
Men's Letzeiser Honor List
- Named a Texas Super Lawyer (Texas Monthly, 2016-2018)
- Member of the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (DAYL) 2013 Leadership Class
- Named a Texas Rising Star (Texas Monthly, 2013 - 2016)
- Named a Top Rated Lawyer in Business and Insurance Litigation (Legal Leaders, 2013 – 2016)
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- President’s Award of Merit, Texas Young Lawyers Association, 2005
- Animal Advisory Commission Member, City of Dallas, 2016-Present
- Adjunct Professor, Legal Writing, UNT Dallas College of Law, Spring 2017
- Revenue Committee Member, 2008 Tom Thumb Breakfast with a Champion
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Pi Alpha, 1998 Journey of Hope Team
Publications / Speaking Engagements
- From Blue Chip to Backup: Navigating the NCAA Transfer Rules, Dallas Bar Association, Spring 2018
- Co-author, Tort Trial & Insurance Practice’s Committee Newsletter, American Bar Association, 2017
- You Insured What? Sports & Entertainment Disability Insurance, Dallas Bar Association, Spring 2017
- Co-author, Annual Survey of Texas Law - Texas Civil Procedure, SMU Law Review, 2016
- Negotiating and Enforcing Morality Clauses in Texas, Dallas Bar Association Headnotes, January 2016
- Social Media and Litigation, the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, North Texas Paralegal Association, Spring 2015
- Mediation Tips and Tricks, Advanced Mediation and Negotiation, El Centro College, Fall 2008