Mr. Lynch’s practice concentrates on commercial and business litigation, with a current focus on first-party insurance defense. He has represented clients in a wide variety of litigation, such as shareholder disputes, complex real estate disputes, construction litigation involving the renovation of a city-owned golf course, partnership disputes, civil rights litigation, and a judgment creditor dispute against the Republic of Congo. Mr. Lynch also has represented municipalities and counties in employment, land use, and civil rights matters, and defended well-known insurance companies in complex claims cases (particularly in long-term disability claim disputes, both ERISA and non-ERISA).
Formerly a clerk for the Honorable Jorge A. Solis in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas, Mr. Lynch is well steeped in courtroom etiquette and has tried cases in state and federal court throughout Texas. He has briefed and argued appeals in Texas appellate courts as well as the Fifth Circuit. Mr. Lynch handles lawsuits from the start of litigation through the entire appellate process.
- Obtained a jury verdict in excess of $1.5 million on behalf of a large commercial landlord in a veil-piercing case against a well-known tenant. The Dallas Court of Appeals affirmed the verdict and, after receiving briefs on a petition for review, the Texas Supreme Court declined to grant the petition.
- Successfully represented a minority shareholder in a closely-held company dispute during a 12 day arbitration proceeding. The result was a recovery of more than $500,000.00.
- Successfully represented a licensing company in a federal court dispute over licensing royalties against a well-known clothing manufacturer. Secured summary judgment in the trial court, which was affirmed by the Fifth Circuit, resulting in the licensing company recovering several hundred thousand dollars.
- Mr. Lynch has successfully represented numerous insurance companies in a variety of lawsuits filed in state and federal courts in Texas, New Mexico, and other jurisdictions. During the past three years alone, he has resolved hundreds of insurance disputes either by way of settlement, summary judgment, or trial.
- JD, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, magna cum laude, 1997
Order of the Coif
Order of Barristers
Recipient, Kennedy Scholarship
President, SMU Law Review Association, 1996-1997
Staff Member, SMU Law Review Association, 1995-1996
Outstanding First Year Law Student
- BA, University of Notre Dame, 1991
- Named a Texas Rising Star (Texas Monthly, 2004 through 2008)
- Named One of the Top Young Attorneys in Texas (Texas Monthly, 2008)
- Named One of the Best Lawyers in Dallas Under 40 (D Magazine, 2002)
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
Publications / Speaking Engagements
- Author, The Heavy Issue: Weight-Based Discrimination in the Airline Industry, 62 J. Air Law & Com. 20 (1996)
- Speaker, Tri-County Bar Association, Wichita Falls, TX entitled The Preparation of Witnesses for Deposition