Mr. Colleluori has been with Figari & Davenport since its inception. His practice encompasses a wide variety of business and commercial disputes. Mr. Colleluori has represented directors and officers, underwriters, and accountants in securities litigation, Texas banks in lender liability and borrower litigation, and major corporations in fraud, employment, tortious interference, and other commercial disputes. He also has handled professional negligence matters, a significant number of class actions, and numerous other types of commercial lawsuits.
- Represented a major motion picture exhibitor in a highly-publicized land use dispute, in which an interlocutory summary judgment ruling and favorable appellate decision led to a successful settlement on behalf of the firm’s client.
- Successfully represented Don Nelson in his suit to recover $6.5 million in earned deferred compensation from the Dallas Mavericks.
- Successfully defended a Texas bank in a three-week jury trial of a multi-million dollar lender liability action.
JD, New York University, cum laude, 1984
- Order of the Coif
- Staff Member, New York University Law Review, 1982-1983
BA, Dickinson College, magna cum laude, 1981 Phi Beta Kappa
Member of The College of the State Bar of Texas
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America under Business Litigation, 2006-2016
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America under Real Estate Litigation, 2014-2016
Named a Texas Super Lawyer (Texas Monthly, 2005-2016)
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Fellow, Dallas Bar Foundation
Publications / Speaking Engagements
Co-Author, Annual Survey of Texas Law – Texas Civil Procedure, SMU Law Review, 1990-2012 and 2015
Obtaining Evidence/Discovery Under the New Rules, The Texas General Civil Practice Seminar, Stromar Educational Services, December, 1999
Piercing the Corporate Veil and Successor Liability, Advanced Business Litigation Seminar, University of Houston, September, 1995
Admissions and Interrogatories: Drafting Good Paper Discovery in a Complex Case, Advanced Evidence and Discovery Institute, University of Houston, August, 1995 and August, 1994
Service of Process, Pleadings, and Parties, Federal Court Practice Seminar, State Bar of Texas, September, 1994
A Survey of Recent Developments in Litigation Involving a Failed Institution, Civil Litigation Arising From a Failed Institution Seminar, SMU School of Law, November, 1992